Saturday, July 12, 2008

Spread the Word

Hi neighbors,

I just want to let you know that I set this site up to help with local communication. Not because I profit from it in any way. I know that we already have an email list. But when I ask for information to go out via that list, it frequently gets edited for meaning and my message is changed or lost.

In fact, I asked our list master to send an announcement about this blog but...nope. Nothing. Nada. I'm shut out. And not for the first time. I'm sure this isn't happening only to me. It's probably not even intentional. But this is 2008 and we have options. So I decided to provide one. And you are looking at it.

For it to work, though, we have to use it. Anyone who lives in Forest Hills can be an author here and it's very easy. Send an email requesting an author account and you will get one. If there was an easier way to join you, I would. But I need an email address to set you up. But even if you aren't yet set up as an author, you can post comments. (At the end of posts, click on the word comment). If you need help figuring out that first blog post, just call me. First request your author account and we'll take it from there.

And you don't have to check the blog to read announcements. Just subscribe to the blog and the posts will come right to your email. Enter your email adress on the box on there on the left or click on the feed button if you like to use a feed reader.

Help me out here: Send this link to some people in the neighborhood today. And use the email subscription to sign up for the feed. And ask for your author account so you can make your own announcements, ask for recommendations, or talk to your neighbors!

Christina

No comments: